Heart rate variability ECG device measures variability between the beats of your heart. While you are resting, your heart beats slower and when you are running it beats faster.
Whether you need to rest or run is not regulates by your heart, but your autonomic nervous system. Sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system increases your heart rate and parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system decreases you heart rate so that you body regenerates.
Why 24-hour measurement on your chest is essential?
You might track HRV on your fist, finger, ear, but if you want to know what exactly is causing you stress in each and every moment, we need to measure it on three places on your chests to get the most reliable data.
Your stress index (are you’re bore-out or stress-out)
Meanwhile stress is usually caused by overwhelming feeling of emotional, physical or mental tension, boredom at work can have similar consequences as stress.
Do you know at least one person or are you the one who is dragging to work and wishes it passes as soon as possible?
Feeling worthless, irritated because you cannot be creative, listened or make something out of your life is even more frequent and stressful as being stress-out.
Both lead to burn-out.
Here are some tips to help turn a tedious job into something that has challenge and meaning
- Ask yourself what exactly bores you about your current situation and what kinds of new responsibilities would seem appealing.
- Meet with your manager and ask for new challenges. Ask for a career counseling and brainstorming session to come up with ideas for moving forward.
- Increase your networking, inside and outside of your company. Take the time to get to know new people and ask them about their jobs and what they find interesting or exciting.
- Get involved in volunteer projects within your company. Ask to be included in a corporate social responsibility (CSR) project and work to get to know the other people involved.
- Check into job shadowing. You may be able to shadow someone from an entirely different part of the company and learn something utterly unrelated to your current job.
- See if you can take part in one of your organization’s fellowship programs. Some companies offer short-term fellowship programs that last three to six months and may take place in other parts of the country or even offices abroad.
- Work on increasing your visibility within the company and in building your personal brand.
- Work with a coach to uncover new ways to build meaning into your work, no matter where you are employed.
Report that you receive include also heart performance indicators.
Based on the heart performance data, tension, recovery value and more, we calculate the overall stress index. It is the result of your last 4-6 months body resource management.
Heart-Vibe report show you exactly what and who brings you stress. When measured, you need to make a list of all the thing you are doing. Once you get the report, you can clearly see what phone call, meeting, situation or even your own thoughts cause stress to you. On the other hand, you clearly see what brings you happiness and joy that put you heart and body into regenerating mood.
Is your meditation technique effective?
Meditation is meant to relax your body. But what if you realise that you are actually focusing too much, making your body work even more and therefore stimulating your heart and sympathetic neuros system? HeartVibe Report answer your question on whether you meditate in the way your body is regenerating and enjoying.
Our researched have shown that slowing down your breath, slows down your heart beat. This is why breathing techniques have important effect on your body.
We are offering mindfulness trainings, HeartMath instant HRV measurement and consultations of our couches.
The quality of your sleep
Sleep is as important, as the air, water and food. During the sleep our body maintains the pathways in your brain that let you learn and create new memories, and to concentrate and respond quickly. Your body regenerates the most during the REM sleep. If you work or party at night, your REM sleep is deprived. Our studies have shown that one night of lack of sleep like on the graph before, ads 1 year of biological age to your body.
If you want to stay young, you need to sleep.
Workaholics be careful! Being to focus during the day pushes your brain to get use to be only in a focus mood. This is why the person below has the interrupted REM sleep. The correct meditation and more importantly constant small relaxations, like mindful thinking during the day effectively improve REM sleep as well.
Small tips for Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
- Getting enough sleep is good for your health.Here are a few tips to improve your sleep:
- Set a schedule – go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
- Exercise 20 to 30 minutes a day but no later than a few hours before going to bed.
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine late in the day and alcoholic drinks before bed.
- Relax before bed – try a warm bath, reading, or another relaxing routine.
- Create a room for sleep – avoid bright lights and loud sounds, keep the room at a comfortable temperature, and don’t watch TV or have a computer in your bedroom.
- Don’t lie in bed awake.If you can’t get to sleep, do something else, like reading or listening to music, until you feel tired.
- See a doctor if you have a problem sleeping or if you feel unusually tired during the day.Most sleep disorders can be treated effectively.
Does your body regenerate or you are ruining it
Find out if your body is recovering enough. There should be the balance between recovering time and performance time. The graph below is showing the person who is working more than regenerating. This way we can clearly see that you can be on the way to burnout.
What is your biological age
Based on general reference values, your current biological age is defined:
7 simple steps to improve your Heart Rate Variability
Do not overdo or push your body to hard – when you are working or training, always think that your body needs to regenerate as well.
Take care of your high-quality sleeping lifestyle – make a timer to go to bed regularly, meditate or relax at least 2 hours before, don’t eat 2 hours before bedtime.
Avoid alcohol. One night of drinking may negatively affect your HRV for up to five days. Alcohol in a higher amount may negatively affect your HRV for up to five days.
Poor nutrition has adverse effects on HRV. Take care of your digestion with good pro-bacteria’s.
Hydration takes care for your blood to circulate and deliver oxygen and nutrients to your body.
Consistent schedule of your sleeping, eating and training is helpful for your body as it already knows what to expect from you and this way it can be more efficient.
Dulleck, Ristl, Schaffner & Torgler (2011): Heart Rate Variability, the Autonomic Nervous System, and Neuroeconomic Experiments. Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology, and Economics. Vol. 4, No. 2, 117-124.
Lanzerstorfer, Ristl & Weber (2012): Managemententwicklung bei BIS mit dem Programm “Nachhaltig leistungsfähig”. In: Niedermair (Hrsg.) (2012): Kompetenzen entwickeln, messen und bewerten, Schriftenreihe für Berufts- und Betriebspädagogik Band 6. ISBN: 978-3-85499-872-3.